2014 play writing competition: “What a great idea!”
- The piece must be entitled “What a great idea!”
- A short synopsis of the plot suitable for radio advertisement should be included.
- Musical intro and interludes must be clearly titled and identified.
- Location of musical interludes must be clearly timed and identified within the script.
- All sound effects should be labelled as SFX and located in the script.
- Timing should be as precise as possible and should include any spoken or musical introductions and any closing spoken or musical credits of names of writers and/or cast members, etc.
- A brief summary of each character should be included with the script for the benefit of the directors and cast.
- The playwright will agree to the play being employed by the Rochdale Co-operative Members Group for any purpose deemed suitable by them, with any appropriate participating groups for educational and entertainment purposes for a period of up to twelve months following the date of the awards ceremony.
All fields are required
- Entrants must submit their play electronically as a PDF or text document on or before midnight on the closing date of 1 September 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entrants may not submit more than one entry.
- All entries must be the entrants’ own original work; copyright is retained by the playwright. However, Rochdale Borough Libraries have the right to replicate the work.
- By entering the competition you agree that an extract of the entry may be included on the website www.rochdaleliteraturefestival.co.uk, and publicity associated with Rochdale Literature & Ideas Festival.
- The competition will be judged by representatives of the Rochdale Co-operative Members Group. The judges’ decisions will be final, and no subsequent correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- The entries must be in English.
- The prize is as described and cannot be transferred.
- By entering this competition the entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- Personal details will only be used by the competition organisers in connection with this competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Rochdale Borough Libraries.